JOB POSTING: JOLYN Accounting Intern
TITLE: JOLYN Accounting Intern
LOCATION: Huntington Beach
Jolyn was created by athletes who were tired of swimwear that didn’t fit, was uncomfortable and most of all, boring. We created better fitting and performing swimwear with patterns and colors as fun as the girls in the water. We believe that athletics can help women to be their best selves. As such, our mission is to use athletics as a springboard to unite women and help them reach their full potential.
We are looking for a driven Accounting Intern with a basic understanding of GAAP and financial principles and terms who is ready for an immersive, real-world experience to join our team from January through May 2020. Under the supervision of our staff, the Accounting Intern can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries and financial reports, analyze actual financial data, learn more about bookkeeping software, and assist with other accounting activities. You should be a motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking.
To be a strong candidate for an Accounting Internship, you should possess an understanding of accounting and financial principles and a positive attitude. You should be collaborative, trustworthy, receptive to feedback, and eager to learn.
- Shadowing members of the Accounting department as they perform their duties.
- Assisting with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Preparing financial reports, such as balance sheets and income statements, invoices, and other documents.
- Working with bookkeeping software.
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company or clients.
- Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
- Must be a recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Accounting.
- Applicants looking to receive college credit are preferred.
- Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility.
- Motivation and strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
Please send your resume to email@example.com.